As brought to light by CydiaBlog, the video embedded below gives an in-depth overview and comparison of the newly leaked proposed next-generation iPhone back casing. The video was created and posted by a third-party electronics parts supplier known as eTradeSupply.
The changes in the alleged part mentioned in the video include the following:
- Headphone jack is repositioned to the bottom
- Microphone and speaker grills are increased
- The dock connector is much smaller and a different shape than the standard 30-pin connector
- Smaller SIM card slot
- The metal band and backing are one piece
- Vertically enhanced (presumably to make room for an enlarged display)
- Thinner than the current iPhone’s backing
The above video gives excellent shots of the alleged part and provides more detail and angles than the recent pictures taken of the same part. While it could simply be a thrown out prototype or a controlled leak to make the finalized version appear superior in comparison, there’s a chance that like the iPhone 4 leak, this could be a part used on the next-generation iPhone. Whatever the case, stay tuned for complete coverage on Apple’s upcoming iPhone!