How To Install Preware On Your HP TouchPad – “Jailbreak” It
This tutorial will teach you how to get Preware on your HP TouchPad so you can install third-party applications and tweaks – it’s equivalent of Jailbreaking an iOS devices.
Follow the steps below to have Preware installed on your TouchPad in no time:
1. Download and install everything listed in the Download Section that applies to you
2. In the “Just Type” feature, type the follow code to enable developer mode: upupdowndownleftrightbastart
3. Connect your HP TouchPad to your computer via your USB cable and then launch WebOS Quick Install
4. Hit the “Globe” icon below the + and – (it’s demonstrated in the video)
5. In the new window, search for Preware and hit install
6. Open Preware from your downloads and hit “Ok, I’ve read this. Let’s continue …”
7. You’re now ready and able to install third-party software on your HP TouchPad!
- The latest version of WebOS Quick Install
- Palm’s WebOS 3.0.2 SDK and PDK (It’s only required to install the Novacom driver for OS X Lion users and anyone who gets errors when trying to install WebOS Quick Install)
- Java (Just make sure you have the latest version)
Stay tuned for more awesome and easy-to-follow HP TouchPad tutorial (including how to install Android on your TouchPad)!