Shortly after Apple released iOS 6.1.2 earlier today, the evad3rs released evasi0n v1.4 to Jailbreak the new firmware. The latest version of evasi0n can now successfully Jailbreak all iOS 6 firmwares, including 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.1, 6.1.1 and, now, iOS 6.1.2! Like with older versions of evasi0n, 1.4 includes support for all iDevices – the list is as follows: the iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 3GS, iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPod touch 5th generation and the iPod touch 4th generation.
First, before proceeding, you will need the following:
- One of the iDevices listed above running any firmware from iOS 6 through 6.1.2 that hasn’t been updated via Apple’s over the air (OTA) update feature. If you did restore using the feature or you wish to update to 6.1.2, simply back up your device using iTunes, restore to the latest iOS 6.1.2 firmware, continue with this tutorial to successfully Jailbreak and restore from your iTunes backup to retrieve all personal data.
- Evasi0n version 1.4 (available in the download section below)
Steps for Windows and Mac OS X users:
1. Open the evasi0n utility after downloading it and place the application in an easy-to-access location on your computer to simply the process – preferably your desktop.
- If your computer is powered by Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, set the compatibility mode of evasi0n to Windows XP Service Pack 2 and run the tool as an administrator by right clicking.
2. Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your computer via a standard Apple 30-pin or lightning USB cable and click the Jailbreak button.
3. Ensure that your iOS-based device remains connected to your computer throughout the entire Jailbreak process and refrain from touching your device’s physical buttons.
4. Unlock your iDevice when prompted – this step is explained in great detail in the video embedded above – and tap the Jailbreak icon only once.
- Note: If you have a security lock screen passcode set, you must first remove it before you can complete the Jailbreak.
- Note 2: While the first few automated steps can certainly take longer to complete than the Jailbreak demonstrated in the embedded video, a simple restore can drastically reduce the amount of time required to Jailbreak and eliminate your chances of encountering issues.
Congratulations, once your device reboots, you will have an Untethered Jailbreak on iOS 6.1.2!
Untethered: Your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is Untethered, meaning you won’t be required to connect to a computer and re-run the jailbreak utility every time you wish to reboot – simply power your device off and back on again.
Download Evasi0n version 1.4 for Mac
Download Evasi0n version 1.4 for Windows
Thank you for reading and following our in-depth tutorial, we hope you enjoyed our guide and were able to successfully Jailbreak. Be sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, add us on Google+ and stay tuned for coverage on future Jailbreaks.