How To Jailbreak iOS 6, 6.0 Beta 4 On iPhone 4, 3GS & iPod Touch 4
NOTE: This Jailbreak will not install Cydia, it simply enable SSH access.
Steps (for Mac and Windows users):
1. Download Redsn0w from the download section below and open it
- NOTE: If you’re on Windows 7 or Windows Vista, right click Redsn0w, set compatibility to windows XP (Service Pack 2) and run it as the administrator
2. Click “Extras”, followed by “Select IPSW” and browse for the iOS 6 beta 3 – not beta 4 – IPSW (available for download from Apple’s Developer portal)
3. Select install SSH and other options that apply. However, do not check “Install custom bundles”
4. Go back to the main screen, click “Jailbreak” and enter DFU mode by following these easy steps:
- Hold down the home and power button together for a total of ten seconds
- After ten seconds, let go of power and continue holding home button for roughly 15 to 20 seconds
5. Wait for it to finish and reboot (the video shows how long the process takes)
6. Close out of Redsn0w – this step is VERY important
7. Open Redsn0w again, navigate to “Extras”, click “Select ISPW” and browse for your iOS 6 beta 3 IPSW
8. Once the IPSW is identified, click “Just boot” and enter DFU mode again by following the instructions found in step four
You are now Jailbroken on iOS 6 beta 4!
NOTE: you NEED to follow steps seven and eight every time you need to reboot your iOS-based device!
Latest developer version of Redsn0w:
Stay tuned for future Jailbreak tutorials!