How To Root “Jailbreak” Amazon Kindle Fire On 6.2.1
This post will walk you through the simple steps required to root your Amazon Kindle Fire running on 6.2.1 and gain Superuser access - it’s the Android equivalent to Jailbreaking iOS devices.
Steps (Windows only):
1. Download and extract the latest version of Kindle Fire Utility from the download section below
2. Plug your Kindle Fire into your computer via a Micro USB cable, open the Kindle Fire Utility folder and run the “install_drivers” Batch File
3. Click “Yes” every time a User Accounts Control prompt pops up
NOTE: When installing the drivers on your computer, it might differ slightly from what’s demonstrated in the tutorial (it’s very self-explanatory though)
4. Run the Batch File inside of the Kindle Fire Utility folder that’s called “run”
5. Type “3″ and hit return (or enter) to install a permanent root with superuser
You have now successfully rooted (Jailbroken) your Kindle Fire! Also, Kindle Fire Utility can do additional things (as demonstrated in the video) – however, use the other options with caution.
Stay tuned for more awesome Amazon Kindle Fire tutorials.