How To Unlock Any iPhone 4S,4,3GS Jailbroken On 5.1, 5.0.1, 5.0 Via SAM
SAM (or Subscriber Artificial Module), the utility that can Unlock any iPhone on any baseband, was recently updated and it’s extraordinarily easier to use. This tutorial will walk you through the simple steps required to Unlock any iPhone model, with any baseband, running on any firmware (so long as the utility can installed properly). This software-based Unlock method even supports the iPhone 4S and the latest Jailbreakable firmwares!
1. If your iPhone isn’t Jailbroken, you need to Jailbreak it prior to this tutorial – follow one of the guides below to accomplish that:
- Jailbreak 5.1 iPhone 4,3Gs,iPod Touch 4,3 & iPad
- Jailbreak 5.0.1 iPhone 4S, iPad 2 Untethered Via Absinthe
- Jailbreak 5.0.1 Untethered iPhone 4,3Gs,iPod Touch 4,3 & iPad
2. Open Cydia, go to the Manage -> Sources section, tap the “Edit” button (top right), tap the “Add” button (top left) and add the following source: http://repo.bingner.com
3. Once the source is added, go back to Cydia and install “SAM” (or Subscriber Artificial Module) from the bingner repo
4. Go to the options portion of SAM by either launching the SAMPrefs app on your Springboard, or by navigating to it via the Settings app
5. With your official SIM card inserted, go to “More Information”, tap “Spoof Real SIM to SAM”, tap “OK” when prompted and return to the main SAMPrefs screen
6. Plug your iPhone into your computer via USB, open iTunes, go to your iPhone under devices (in the left sidebar), close iTunes and leave your iPhone plugged in for the remainder of this tutorial
7. Eject your official SIM card and insert the SIM that you intend to unlock the iPhone for use with
8. Open iTunes, go to your iPhone under devices (in the left sidebar), close iTunes, change the “Method” inside of SAMPrefs to “Auto Detect”, disable SAM from the main screen by toggling off the “Enabled” switch and go to your homescreen
9. Open iTunes, ignore any errors, close and reopen iTunes (at this point you should have service)
Congratulations, you’ve successfully unlocked your iPhone!
NOTE #1: If Push notifications stop working properly, just use the “clear push” utility built into SAMPrefs, plug your iPhone into your computer via USB and launch iTunes.
NOTE #2: If this tutorial doesn’t work, you can attempt the more complex Unlock method
Stay tuned for future unlock tutorials!