How To Unlock Jailbroken iPhone 4S,4,3Gs On iOS 5.1 & 5.0.1 With SAM
This tutorial will walk you through the steps required to Unlock any iPhone model, running any firmware, with any Baseband (as long as it can properly install the utility). This method has been tested an confirmed by MuscleNerd from the iPhone Dev Team and it’s even the first software-based Unlock to support the iPhone 4S!
1. If your iPhone isn’t Jailbroken, you need to Jailbreak it prior to this tutorial – follow one of the tutorials listed below to accomplish that:
- Jailbreak 5.1 iPhone 4,3Gs,iPod Touch 4,3 & iPad
- Jailbreak 5.0.1 iPhone 4S, iPad 2 Untethered Via Absinthe
- Jailbreak 5.0.1 Untethered iPhone 4,3Gs,iPod Touch 4,3 & iPad
2. Open Cydia, navigate to Manage -> Sources, tap the “Edit” button (top right), tap the “Add” button (top left) and input the following source: http://repo.bingner.com
3. After the source has been added, go back to Cydia and install “SAM” (or Subscriber Artificial Module) from the newly added source
4. Once SAM has been successfully installed and you’ve restarted your Springboard, insert the SIM card that you intend to use into your iPhone’s SIM tray
5. Go to the options portion of SAM by either navigating to it via the Settings app, or by launching the SAMPrefs app on your springboard
6. Open Utilities and select “De-Activate iPhone” – if “De-Activate iPhone isn’t an option, skip to the next step
7. Verify that your ActivationState reads “Unactivated” in the “More Information” portion of SAMPrefs
8. Ensure that SAM is enabled, open the “Method” portion of SAMSPrefs and select “By Country and Carrier”
9. Go to “More Information”, copy the IMSI number in the “SAM Details” field and tap “Spoof Real SIM to SAM”
10. Tap “SAM” (top left) and confirm that the “Method” reads “Manual”; if it doesn’t, simply change it
11. Paste the IMSI string, obtained from step 9, in the IMSI field on the main SAM screen
12. Open iTunes, connect your iPhone to your computer via and navigate to the main screen for your device
- As a precautionary measure, double click the “Phone Number” field on the iPhone screen and ensure that the ICCID number matches that of your SIM card. If the numbers don’t match up, you’ll need to start over
13. Close iTunes, unplug your iPhone and disable SAM on the main screen inside of SAMPrefs
14. Open iTunes, connect your iPhone to your computer via USB again, ignore any activation errors and restart iTunes (close out and reopen it)
15. At this step, you should start to see signal bars appear
Congratulations, you’ve successfully unlocked your iPhone!
UPDATE: There’s now a new and easier Unlock method (click here)
NOTE: If Push notifications stop working properly, just use the “clear push” utility built into SAMPrefs, plug your iPhone into your computer via USB and launch iTunes.
Stay tuned for future unlock tutorials!