Jailbreak 5.0.1 (4.4.4) Untethered Apple TV 2G – Seas0nPass Mac & Windows
This post will walk you through the simple steps required to Jailbreak iOS 4.4.4, or 5.0.1 (UNTETHERED), and the best part is that thanks to the new version of Seas0nPass, you can be Jailbroken in a matter of minutes!
Steps (for Mac and PC users):
1. Download Seas0nPass from the download section below and run it
- If you’re on Windows Vista or Windows 7 then you should right click Seas0nPass then run it as the administrator
2. Click “Create IPSW” and Seas0nPass will automatically download iOS 4.4.4 (5.0.1) and create your custom firmware
3. When prompted, plug in your Apple TV 2G to your computer via a Micro USB cable (if the light on the from of your Apple TV starts flashing rapidly, skip to step 7 – if it doesn’t flash, follow steps 4-6)
4. Unplug the Micro USB cable from the back of your Apple TV 2G and plug in the stock power cable
5. Point the Apple TV remote at the from of the device and hold the Menu and down buttons until the light on the front flashes rapidly
6. Let go of the buttons, wait 10 seconds, connect the Micro USB cable and unplug the power cable from the back of your Apple TV 2G
7. Point the Apple TV remote at the from of the device and hold down the Play/Pause and Menu buttons together for 7 seconds to enter DFU mode
8. Seas0nPass will prepare iTunes and when you’re prompted, highlight the custom 4.4.4 firmware in the firmware selection window and then click open
9. Click “Restore” to confirm the custom restore in iTunes
10. Once the Apple TV 2G is finished restoring, you can unplug it from your computer and plug it into your TV
- To verify that it is indeed Jailbroken, make sure it has the “FC” logo in the lower right hand corner
You now have an untethered Jailbreak for your Apple TV 2G on iOS 5.0.1 (4.4.4)!
Stay tuned for future Jailbreak tutorials!