Jailbreak 5.0.1 iPhone 4,3Gs,iPod Touch 4,3 & iPad With Redsn0w
This post will walk you through the simple steps required to Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 and the best part is that thanks to the new Redsn0w, you can be Jailbroken in a matter of minutes!
Steps (for Mac and PC users):
1. Download Redsn0w from the download section below and run it
- If you’re on Windows Vista or Windows 7 then you should right click Redsn0w and set compatibility to windows XP (service pack 2) and then run it as the administrator
2. Go to “Extras”, hit “Select IPSW”, point it at iOS 5.0.1 and then go back to the main screen (NOTE if you get errors while pointing it at 5.0.1, just point it at the 5.0 IPSW for your device)
3. Hit “Jailbreak” and enter DFU mode by following these steps:
a. Hold down the power button for 3 seconds
b. Continue holding the power button and start holding the home button and continue HOLDING BOTH for 10 seconds
c. Let go of power and continue holding home button for 15-20 seconds
4. Select install Cydia and any other options you want (except “Install custom bundles”)
5. Wait for it to finish and reboot (the video shows how long the process takes)
6. Close out of Redsn0w – this step is VERY important
7. Open Redsn0w, go to “Extras” hit “Select IPSW” and then point it at iOS 5.0.1 (NOTE if you get errors while pointing it at 5.0.1, just point it at the 5.0 IPSW for your device)
8. While you’re still under the “Extras” page, hit “Just boot” enter DFU mode again by following the instructions in step 3
You are now Jailbroken on iOS 5.0.1!
NOTE: you WILL need to follow steps 7 and 8 every time you need to reboot your iDevice!
Stay tuned for future Jailbreak tutorials!