NEW Jailbreak 5.1.1 Untethered iPhone 4S,4,3Gs, iPad 3,2 & iPod Touch 4,3 With Redsn0w
This post will walk you through the simple steps required to Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 (UNTETHERED) and the best part is that thanks to the new version of Redsn0w, you can be Jailbroken in a matter of minutes!
Steps (for Mac and PC users who aren’t Jailbroken already):
1. Download Redsn0w from the download section below and run it
- (If you’re on Windows Vista or Windows 7, you’ll need to right click Redsn0w, set the compatibility mode toWindows XP Service Pack 2 and run it as an administrator)
2. Plug your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch in via USB
3. Click ‘Jailbreak’ and allow Redsn0w to run through the automated steps
- (This process will go much quicker if you first backup your device in iTunes, restore to a fresh build of iOS 5.1.1, Jailbreak and then restore from your iTunes backup)
3. Wait for it to finish and reboot (the video shows how long the process takes)
4. Your device will respring and Cydia will be placed in an empty spot on your springboard
5. Open Cydia and wait for it to finish “Preparing [the] Filesystem” (once it’s finished, your device will respring)
You now have an untethered Jailbreak on iOS 5.1.1!
Steps (for users who already have a TETHERED Jailbreak):
- Open the Cydia app on your device with a Tethered Jailbreak
- Search for “Rocky Racoon” (NOTE: it’s ‘Racoon’ with only one ‘c’)
- Hit the “Install” button and Rocky Racoon will convert your tethered Jailbreak to an Untethered Jailbreak
- (NOTE: In some cases, Rocky Racoon will fail, if it does for your device, you’ll have to restore to a clean iOS 5.1.1 build and Jailbreak using Redsn0w)
Stay tuned for future Jailbreak tutorials!