Jailbreak 5.1.1 tutorial
Today the iPhone Dev Team updated Redsn0w to include iOS 5.1.1 support. It’s no long required to “trick” Redsn0w in to Jailbreaking 5.1.1 by pointing it at the iOS 5.1 IPSW. While the utility has been updated, note that it’s still a tethered Jailbreak and that it’s best to stay on a lower firmware if at all possible.
Thanks to the new version of Redsn0w, Jailbreaking is even easier than before and you can be Jailbroken in a matter of minutes! Without any further ado, this tutorial will guide you through the simple steps required to Jailbreak 5.1.1.
1. Open Redsn0w after downloading it
(if you’re on Windows Vista or Windows 7, you’ll need to right click Redsn0w, set the compatibility mode to Windows XP Service Pack 2 and run it as an administrator)
2. Click ‘Jailbreak’ and enter DFU mode by following these easy steps:
- Hold down the home and power button together for a total of ten seconds
- After ten seconds, let go of power and continue holding home button for 20 seconds
3. Select install Cydia and other options that apply to you (except “Install custom bundles”)
4. After the process completes, wait for your device to reboot (the video shows how long the process takes)
5. Close out of Redsn0w – this is a very important step
6. Open Redsn0w again, go to ‘Extras’, click ‘Just boot’ and enter DFU mode by following the instructions found in step two
Congratulations, you’re now Jailbroken on iOS 5.1.1!
Make sure to watch my Jailbreak video tutorial on YouTube