Jailbreak 6.1.3 And 6.1.5 Untethered On iPhone 4,3GS, iPod Touch 4 Using P0sixspwn
Today, following yesterday’s exciting Jailbreak 7.0.4 Untethered evasi0n7 release, iH8sn0w pushed out his long-awaited 6.1.3 – 6.1.5 Untethered Jailbreak. However, before getting too excited about Jailbreaking a now outdated firmware, the new tool only supports A4 devices at the moment. iH8sn0w informed his followers yesterday that he plans to release a new utility to Jailbreak A5+ devices on 6.1.3 two days from now, December 25th, 2013. With that in mind, if you own either an iPhone 4, a 4th generation iPod touch or an iPhone 3GS, you can Jailbreak your device immediately.
Before proceeding, you will need the following:
- An A4-powered device running iOS 6.1.3 or 6.1.5 (in the case of the iPod touch) that’s already Jailbroken via the redsn0w Tethered Jailbreak. If you have yet to Jailbreak your device, follow our in-depth tutorial, which can be found here.
Steps (for all Jailbroken users):
1. If you have yet to Jailbreak using the long-standing redsn0w utility, take the time do it now.
Update: Saurik is now hosting the Untethered package, there’s no longer a need for iH8sn0w’s repo, simply refresh Cydia (refer to the fourth step) and search “p0sixspwn”!
2. When booted into your device’s Tethered state, open Cydia, navigate to the “Manage” tab at the bottom and tap “Sources”. 3. Tap “Edit” in the top left, followed by “Add” in the top right corner of Cydia, type the following repo and tap “Add Source”: http://repo.ih8sn0w.com 4. Once the above repo has been added to the “Sources” section, navigate to the “Changes” tabs at the bottom and tap “Refresh” in the top left corner of the screen. 5. Navigate back to the “Manage” tab, tap the iH8sn0w repo and install the “p0sixspwn” package by tapping “Install,” followed by “Confirm”.
Congratulations, at this point, you now have an Untethered Jailbreak on iOS 6.1.3 – 6.1.5 and you can now reboot your device without the assistance of redsn0w.
- P0sixspwn source: http://repo.ih8sn0w.com
- Redsn0w for Mac and Windows and the iOS 6.0 IPSW
If you encounter any errors during the iOS 6.1.3 and 6.1.5 Untethered Jailbreak process, click here to be taken to my video tutorial on YouTube.
As always, thank you for reading and we hope you enjoy your Untethered iOS 6 Jailbreak – be sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, add us on Google+ and stay tuned for coverage on future Jailbreak utilities.