Jailbreak 7.0.4 Tethered iPhone 4, iOS 7 RageBreak And Cydia
How to Jailbreak 7.0.4 Tethered on iPhone 4 with RageBreak
Following Apple’s Release of iOS 7.0.4 last week, I’ve decided to bring my viewers and readers a new Jailbreak tutorial for the firmware. Unfortunately, because the evad3rs’ iOS 7 utility has yet to be released, this tutorial is restricted to iPhone 4 owners. The tool, RageBreak, demonstrated in this guide is based off winocm’s Opensn0w project, which utilizes Geohot’s old limera1n exploit, which was discovered back in 2010 and all previously supported devices have since been phased out.
Moreover, RageBreak implements Saurik’s iOS 6 version of Cydia with modifications to run on iOS 7. Due to this Jailbreak’s nature, you may experience issues during, and after, the Jailbreak process. If you wish to continue though, as previously stated, this article will guide you through the simple steps required to Jailbreak iOS 7.0.4 (Tethered), which can be accomplished in roughly 30 minutes.
Jailbreak iOS 7.0.4 Steps (for Mac users, Windows users should follow this tutorial):
Before proceeding, you will need to download and install the latest JDK (Java Development Kit), which can be found in the Download Section listed below.
1. Download the RageBreak utility, place it on your desktop and run the file.
2. Once the Terminal window that is RageBreak opens, type 1 and press Enter.
4. Enter DFU mode when prompted by following the simple steps listed below:
- Press and hold both the home and power buttons for a total of ten seconds.
- Release the power button and continue holding the home button for an additional ten to fifteen seconds.
5. Once the Java app has finished achieving root access on your iPhone 4, return to the RageBreak2.sh window and press Enter.
6. Every time the terminal window asks for a password, simply type “alpine” and press Enter – follow the video if you’re confused by this step.
7. After it’s finished, press Enter to return to the main RageBreak window and enter DFU mode for a second time by following the guide listed in the fourth step.
8. Type either 2, 3 or 4 (depending on which iPhone model you have) and press enter to boot tethered.
- Note: You’ll need to open RageBreak, enter DFU mode and preform this step every time your iPhone reboots due to the tethered nature of this Jailbreak.
9. After the iPhone reboots, press Enter to return to the main RageBreak screen and obtain the Wi-Fi IP Address your iPhone is using by following the steps listed below:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap “Wi-Fi,” followed by the “i” next to the network your iPhone is connected to.
- Take note of the IP Address listed here, as we’ll need it in the next step.
10. Type 5, followed by Enter. Input the IP Address obtained in the previous step and press Enter.
11. When prompted, type “yes,” followed by Enter. Again, when prompted, type the “alpine” password and continue to do so each time the script asks you to.
12. Enter DFU mode again (by following step four) and boot tethered (by following step eight).
Congratulations, once your device reboots again, you will have a Tethered Jailbreak on iOS 7.0.4!
- RageBreak app script for 7.0.4
- Java Development Kit (this is a MUST)
- iOS 7.0.4 IPSW for the iPhone 4 (GSM and CDMA models)
If you encounter any errors during the iOS 7.0.4 Jailbreak process, click here to be taken to my video tutorial on YouTube.
As always, thank you for reading and stay tuned for additional coverage on iOS 7.0.4 and for updates on the evad3rs’ Untethered Jailbreak. Be sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, add us on Google+ and stay tuned for coverage on future Jailbreaks.