This tutorial will teach you how to Jailbreak iOS 5 beta 4 – keep in mind that you need to have your device’s UDID registered with Apple in order to officially be on iOS 5 beta 4.
Steps (for Mac and PC users):
1. Download Redsn0w for your iDevice in the download section below
- If you’re on Windows Vista or Windows 7 then you need to right click Redsn0w and set compatibility to windows XP (service pack 2) and then run it as an administrator
2. Plug in iDevice and run Redsn0w
3. Browse for your iOS 5 b4 firmware (in Redsn0w) and select it
4. Hit next and then check install Cydia
5. Enter DFU mode ahead of time to bypass the instruction screen!
a. Hold down the power button for 3 seconds
b. Continue holding the power button and start holding the home button and continue HOLDING BOTH for 10 seconds
c. Let go of power and continue holding home button for 20 seconds (even after it skips to the next screen! YOU MUST COUNT TO 20 ON YOUR OWN)
6. Wait for it to finish and reboot (the video shows how long EVERYTHING takes)
7. Power off your iDevice while its plugged in and then open Redsn0w again
8. Browse for your firmware again
9. Check off Just boot tethered right now and follow ALL the instructions in step 5
NOTE: you will need to run Redsn0w again in the “Just boot tethered right now” mode every time you need to reboot your iDevice and use ANYTHING from Cydia (including Cydia itself) – the same applies for Safari!
**NOTE** If you get a white Cydia icon and or your Safari doesn’t work then simply reboot in Redsn0w’s “Just boot tethered right now” mode!
Newest Release of Redsn0w:
Devices it works for:
iPod Touch 3G
iPod Touch 4G
Devices it Doesn’t work for:
iPad 2 because i0n1cs exploit and the limra1n/SHAtter exploits are both patched!
iPod touch 1G/2G & iPhone 2G/3G – Because Apple stopped updating these devices!