Jailbreak iOS 6.0 On iPhone 4,3Gs, iPod Touch 4 Using Redsn0w
This tutorial will guide you through the simple steps required to Jailbreak iOS 6.0 and thanks to the new version of Redsn0w, Developers can be Jailbroken in a matter of minutes! However, keep in mind that this Jailbreak will not install Cydia – it will simply enable SSH access.
Steps (for Mac and PC users):
1. Download Redsn0w from the download section below and run it
- NOTE: If you’re on Windows Vista or Windows 7, right click Redsn0w and set compatibility to windows XP (service pack 2) and then run it as the administrator
2. Click “Extras”, followed by “Select IPSW” and point Redsn0w to your iOS 6 IPSW (available for download from Apple’s Developer portal)
3. Go back to the main screen, click “Jailbreak” and enter DFU mode by following these easy steps:
- Hold down the home and power button together for a total of ten seconds
- After ten seconds, let go of power and continue holding home button for 20 seconds
4. Select install SSH and other options that apply to you (except “Install custom bundles”)
5. Wait for it to finish and reboot (the video shows how long the process takes)
6. Close out of Redsn0w – this step is VERY important
7. Open Redsn0w again, go to “Extras”, click “Select ISPW” and browse for your iOS 6 IPSW
8. Once the IPSW is identified, click “Just boot” and enter DFU mode again by following the instructions found in step three
You are now Jailbroken on iOS 6.0!
NOTE: you NEED to follow steps seven and eight every time you need to reboot your iOS-based device!
Latest developer version of Redsn0w:
Stay tuned for future Jailbreak tutorials!