Mid 2012 MacBook Pro Retina Unboxing And Specifications
The above video is my unboxing of the latest mid-2012 MacBook Pro equipped with a Retina Display. Announced at this year’s World Wide Developers Conference, the new MacBook Pro sports a complete redesign and overhaul – offering an incredibly thin form factor.
Aside from looking phenomenal, Apple’s latest notebook and netbook hybrid is a powerhouse when it comes to performance. With Intel’s latest TurboBoost-capable Ivy Bridge processors, up to 16GB of SDRAM and a potential of 768GB of the fastest flash storage available, the Retina MacBook Pro can easily accomplish simple tasks such as video playback, as well as the more complex – such as hardware-intensive video editing.
Here’s a complete list of specifications:
- 2.3GHz up to 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Ivy Bridge i7 processor with TurboBoost technology (3.3GHz-3.7GHz)
- 8GB up to 16GB of 600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
- 256, 512 or 768GB of flash storage
- 15.4-inch LED backlit Retina display with IPS technology: 2,880 by 1,800 pixels
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M graphics processor with 1GB of GDDR 5 memory
- Built-in FaceTime HD camera
- Two USB 3.0 ports
- Two Thunderbolt ports for high-speed I/O support and Mini DisplayPort devices
- Full HDMI port
- 802.11n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0
- Backlit keyboard and ambient light sensor
- Preinstalled with OS X and iLife
- Weight and dimensions: 14.13 by 9.73 by 0.71 inches at 4.46 pounds
Stay tuned for additional coverage on Apple’s new Retina display MacBook Pro.