Today, following Monday’s incredible Evasi0n Untethered Jailbreak for all iOS-based devices running 6.0 through 6.1, I’ve created a new video to showcase a few amazing Cydia tweaks and modifications. The video, embedded above, highlights a handful of the best tweaks available for iOS 6 through 6.1 that are fully compatible with old and new iDevices alike, including the iPhone 5, iPad mini, iPad 4 and the fifth-generation iPod touch.
After watching the video, I highly recommend installing some – if not all – of the Cydia packages to experience them first-hand. Additionally, all fifteen tweaks can be downloaded from Cydia without the addition of extra repositories; simply search and install.
Below you’ll find a list of the packages mention in my new video, as well as a corresponding synopsis for each:
2. SBSettings is the perfect tweak for all iPhone, iPad and iPod touch owners who are new to the Jailbreaking-scene. It merges various settings and information with Notification Center and much more.
3. BiteSMS is the ultimate messaging alternative that adds Quick Reply and Quick Send functionality to the iPhone.
4. Five-Column SpringBoard adds an extra row of icons to your homescreen and various springboard pages.
5. Five Icon Dock enables the normally four icon iOS dock to hold a maximum of five app icons.
6. Five Icon Switcher adds an extra icon on every page of the multi-tasking tray, similar to the previous two icon tweaks.
7. f.lux is a tweak that automatically adjusts the red levels of your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch’s screen based on the time of day to enhance the viewing experience and reduce eyestrain.
8. Bolt simply removes the space-consuming battery icon from the status bar.
9. Icon Renamer allows the user to set custom names for individual app icons. Simply tap them in “wiggle mode” and rename to your heart’s content.
10. MultiIcon Mover adds the ability to move multiple icons simultaneously to any given springboard page via an easy-to-use method.
11. IntelliScreenX 6 brings Notification Center to the lock screen and enhances the overall experience.
12. WeeFlashlight for Notification Center adds a new toggle for your iPhone’s LED flash to Notification Center.
13. BlurriedNC Background replaces the standard, mundane Notification Center background with something far superior.
14. DietBar significantly reduces the size of the top bar for various applications.
15. MyWi 6 is one of the best tethering apps on Cydia that enables iPhone and cellular-capable iPad users to tether their data connection with various Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled devices (I couldn’t cover it in the video because MyWi wasn’t fully compatible at the time of recording).
Also, don’t forget that you must be Jailbroken to install third-party tweaks – if you aren’t currently Jailbroken on iOS 6+, be sure to read and watch my in-depth written and video evasi0n Jailbreak tutorials. Stay tuned for future coverage on additional Cydia tweaks.