To celebrate the beginning of August, I’ve created another video for my increasingly popular Top Cydia Tweaks series. Embedded above is a video that highlights and showcases some of the best tweaks available for the new third-generation iPad and the iPad 2.
Once the video has concluded, be sure to install the modifications and tweaks to test them out yourself – all five of which can be purchased and downloaded from Cydia without the addition of any additional repositories.
Also, here’s a list of packages mentioned in the video and a corresponding synopsis for each:
1. Quasar brings another dimension to the iPad by successfully adding a window management system that allows the user to simultaneously run and operate apps side-by-side.
2. MountainCenter replaces the stock Notification Center with a new and enhanced OS X Mountain Lion-style window. Alternatively, MountainLionCenter for iPad offers similar functionality for free.
3. NotiPad revamps the default notification system with one that more resembles that of Grawl’s notifications for OS X
4. Dashboard X is a simple tweak that allows for the installation of widgets on the iOS springboard.
5. Fullscreen for iPad enhances Safari by adding a plethora of new gestures and functions.
That concludes this Top 5 Cydia Tweaks video for the iPad. Remember, if you have any suggestions, leave them in the comment section and stay tuned for future videos.